You don't have to know chess to be a master of this addictive logic game! The rules in Solitaire Chess are simple. First set up the chess pieces on the board according to instructions from one of the 60 challenge cards. Then proceed to capture and eliminate all but one piece using only moves allowed in traditional chess. You must capture a piece with every move, so this logic game is fast-paced and always exciting!
Solitaire Chess is one of ThinkFun's best stem toys for boys and girls, and was a Parents' Choice Gold Award Winner. It's a chess variant that you play by yourself, and is one of the best gifts you can buy for kids who like smart games and a challenge. Solitaire Chess is made with high quality components, and comes with a very clear and easy to understand instruction manual - you'll be able to play within minutes of opening the box. Like all of ThinkFun's games, Solitaire Chess is built to develop critical thinking skills. Playing through the increasingly difficult challenges will improve logical reasoning, spatial reasoning and planning skills, all through fun gameplay.
- WHAT YOU GET - Comes with board, 10 chess pieces, and 60 beginner to expert challenges. Includes game-go bag for easy cleanup and storage.
- CLEAR INSTRUCTIONS – Easy to learn with a clear, high quality instruction manual. You can start playing immediately!
- DEVELOPS CRITICAL SKILLS - Develop logical deduction, spatial reasoning and critical thinking skills through fun gameplay.
- COMES WITH MULTI-LEVEL CHALLENGES - Solitaire Chess comes with 60 beginner to expert challenges that become increasingly difficult as you play through them.
- AWARD WINNER - Parents' Choice Gold Award, Creative Child Magazine Preferred Choice Award and Toy of the Year Nominee in 2011.
- 30 Double-Sided Challenge Cards (60 Challenges)
- 4 Levels of Play from Beginner to Expert
- Chessboard with Storage Drawer for Easy Cleanup
- Movement Rules, Hints, and Step-By-Step Solutions